INCLUSIVE HEALTH in short…
- Partners: RTEU (TR, coordinator), AKLUB (CZ), BEFO (LV), STT (IE)
- Start: 01-09-2016 – End: 31-08-2019
- Project Reference: 2016-1-TR01-KA202-035286
- EU Grant: 181371 EUR
- Programme: Erasmus+
- Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and training
- Topics: Health and wellbeing / Gender equality / equal opportunities / New innovative curricula / educational methods / development of training courses
Due to recent social changes (migration, mounting poverty, etc.), health services, promoting qualified, safe and social inclusive service by competent health workers (doctor, nurse, healthcare social worker, midwife) within vocational education. Educational needs gradually become more important, and call for need for profession-specific content, and social changes call for inclusive education and training. In addition, sustainable update, consolidation and deepening of knowledge is needed. This requires health professionals to maintain lifelong learning. Human crisis emerged as a result of migration crises has following effects on providing health services:
- Misinformation in terms of communication with disadvantaged groups as a result of complex or deficiency of training content towards disadvantaged groups.
- No specialized training content of social work skills development and communication while providing health services to disadvantaged groups.
- Health professionals are aware of social changes but there is no intervention guidelines while working with disadvantaged groups.
- Social inclusion issue requires specialized training while providing health service to disadvantaged groups.
- Regarding social integration and psychosocial state of disadvantaged groups, it is of utmost importance not to expose social exclusion while receiving health service.
Currently, health professionals who do not have such a training background need specialized training content. For this reason, there needs to be a training tool with open source code in European level prepared for health professional to enhance their social work and communication skills. Project team will develop an “Audio-visual catalogue: Training Tool of Social Inclusive Skills for Health Professionals.” There are 4 partners in this project and are from Turkey (the coordinator), Latvia, Ireland and Czech Republic. Project outputs will be developed in partners’ languages, and intellectual outputs of the project will be shared with health institutions displaying same profile. There will be 5 workpackages with 3 intellectual outputs (report, curriculum and video). First and last workpackage will last throughout the projects, whereas 2, 3 and 4th workpackages are technical ones followed by 4 transnational meetings of which the first one will be kick-off.
As a result of this project, public and private hospitals, professional associations, health centers, community organizations, public and private centers of training in public health settings, indirectly migrant and disadvantaged groups will be targeted. Their social inclusive skills in assisting disadvantaged groups will be improved. Their entrepreneurship and professional skills will also be developed.
“INCLUSIVE HEALTH” project aims to develop audio-visual catalogue: Training tool for health professionals to improve their social inclusive skills will be an innovative tool for the sector which has never been done before.
- Analysis Report
- Audio-visual catalogue: Training Tool of Social Inclusive Skills for Health Professionals
906 total views, 2 views today